Monday, February 22, 2010

Freshman year

Nostalgia

I miss us
I miss the time when the six of us were the nucleus
of our own little world
when boys impacted our lives regularly, but briefly
and it always came back to us
when we had the time for midnight dance parties
late night movies
creamery runs
random fixations
Sunday serenades
jenga nights
journal parties
shiny light switches
but time marched on
and with it came jobs, majors, men
adulthood
complications to a simple existence
I miss us

*********

Dedicated to E. Richards 215--you are (be)loved

2 comments:

marci said...

Dear Peanut Butter Butt,

Here are my thoughts...

boys? haha, I do remember when we had boys. and dance parties. and creamery runs. and jenga nights. and journal parties. and our SUPER SHINY LIGHT SWITCH. and our random fixations. I remember us. And I miss us. I wish we had more time to spend together before we all leave Provo in the not so distant future (assuming we graduate...).

Love,
Butt Buster

PS... you may or may not have made me cry. Way to go.

Christie said...

Our light switch was the shiniest thing on this side of the Mississippi. And this entry pulled at my heartstrings. Good to know they're still there, though. I love you.