Sorry I missed a week, but I was away from a real computer and there ain't no way I was blogging from my tiny phone screen. Texting is enough of a challenge.
The reason I skipped out on writing is also the subject of the blog today. The husband and I went off to the West for a week and a half, him to go to a conference and me to go party with my grandparents. While he spent the days learning about how to efficiently clean buildings, I reupholstered benches and sewed and dug up pumpkin vines (which is a little like picking up an alien--you pick up the roots and start walking away toward the compost pile while 30+ feet of tentacle-like vines come dragging after you from all directions). Once the conference was over, the husband and I met up with his brother and sister-in-law and all trouped up to his parents' house to spend the weekend and celebrate his mom's birthday.
It was a great vacation, full of family and fun and good food. We laughed, we talked, we gardened, we dressed up as zombies for a zombie race and terrorized the "survivors" (and afterwards drove around Rexburg yelling "BRAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIINS" at all and sundry), and just enjoyed being together. I don't know exactly what Heaven is going to be like, but I hope it's like that--spending time with the people we love, surrounded by family. Laughing together. Doing stupid stuff and sharing inside jokes and eating too many donuts because you're up late talking.
I've been really blessed by my family. They're all wonderful people. And I married in to a great family as well (my in-laws are better than yours. The end). I am grateful every day that I have so many wonderful people in my life, and I'm especially grateful for the sealing covenants and the knowledge I have that death is not the end--we can be together after this life is over. That is a truly beautiful thing.
1 comment:
I am so glad that you two had such a great Utah/Idaho visit! Thanks for such beautiful thoughts on family and the Plan of Salvation. I love your guts! (and most of Mikey's guts)
Post a Comment