Sunday, September 21, 2008
Life is beautiful
Today I was studying for my D&C class, and I came to understand something that my teacher has been telling the class all along. Brother Perkins really stresses studying not to get an A in the class, but to receive personal revelation. From day one he has been emphasizing the steps we need to take to receive guidance from the scriptures. Today I was doing my assigned reading in D&C 76, where it talks about the celestial kingdom. And for the first time, I really understood how guidance from the scriptures works. Even though I was reading about the celestial kingdom, I learned things that applied exactly to my life and my struggles, and I gained insight on how to overcome them. And you know, even though I got exactly the answer I was seeking, it was something that I didn't think had any relation to my problems at all. I guess that shows how much I understand about how spiritual and temporal things relate. I'm still working to overcome the mindset that spiritual and temporal things are separate. I don't know exactly when or where I acquired that thought process, but it is kind of a pain sometimes. It's a roadblock to understanding. But when I can get beyond that and start making connections between spiritual principles and temporal situations, I am awed by the magnificence of this gospel and how intimately it applies to every aspect of my life. Today my scripture study buoyed me up and made me excited to go forward and tackle life, with all its attendant joys and problems. This is a wonderful, beautiful world and I am going to go make the most of it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment