Sister Reid wrote this song for our band reunion a few weeks after we got back from Nauvoo. Her songs were the other constant music this summer, so I think it's fitting that she can give voice to my feelings tonight:
Nauvoo Jones
By Sister Noelle Reid
Now we're home,
Back from whence we came.
But now I'm home,
Things don't seem the same.
Not only are you always on my mind,
But there are some things Nauvoo left behind:
I'm feeling for my tag,
Backing my car,
Wond'ring where my bloomers are.
Now I jump when I hear a phone.
So much for normal, I've got the Nauvoo Jones.
I take Sister Mom when I go to the store.
It seems that I can't be alone anymore.
I sing "Hello, everybody!" when a piano starts to play.
Will my chigger bites ever go away?
I'm feeling for my tag,
Backing my car,
Wond'ring where my bloomers are.
Now I jump when I hear a phone.
So much for normal, I've got the Nauvoo Jones.
I use foul in everything I say.
I miss my vest, to my own dismay.
Boys scare me now and puns do too,
And all my stories start with "one time in Nauvoo"
When I was wearing my tag, and backing the van.
Days never went according to plan,
But I had my companion; I was never alone,
Now I'm back, but am I really home?
Because I'm feeling for my tag, and backing my car,
Wond'ring where the heck my sisters are.
Now I jump when I hear a phone.
So much for normal, I've got the Nauvoo Jones.
So much for normal, I've got the Nauvoo Jones!
1 comment:
I miss you guys so much . ..being all together. You realize that the next time we'll probably all be together again will be . ..well, it won't be in the near future. I really feel like I have two families, now.
Post a Comment