Sunday, October 19, 2008
Love is in the air
And everyone is getting engaged! I kid you not, I know at least 10 people who have gotten married or engaged since the beginning of the semester. It pretty much blows me away. I can't decide if this fall is unusual in that respect, or if I just know a lot more people of marriageable age now. Whatever the reason, it seems like marriage and engagement has been the prime topic in my apartment this past week. My roommates and I were talking about that one night and figured that there was a message we just weren't getting. Not, of course, that we are avoiding getting engaged, but it seems to be avoiding us (we are, with the exception of Sarah, the dateless wonders). None of us are opposed to the idea--a common phrase in my apartment is "I want a boy!" Our conversation that night ended with us deciding that if there really was something we were supposed to be getting out of all the talk of engagements, well, by all means, "bring on the men!" ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
one thing: I want a boy! =) . . .and perhaps a particular one at that . . .
Don't we all?
yes, and after thinking about it a little more . ..i do know alot of engaged people. at least three at work, at least 4 in my ward, two in my section, and the list goes on .. .
Post a Comment