Friday, November 7, 2008

Cell phone follies

This is a pretty common scene from my life:

Jenny sits peacefully on her bed doing homework in a still room.
Cell phone: BEEP!! (Alarm for whatever Jenny is baking)
Jenny: AHHHHH!!!! She screams, flails around wildly for a few seconds in surprise, and nearly falls off the bed. If she happens to be holding her phone when it makes noise, she will almost throw it when startled. This behavior is usually followed by several minutes of laughter from Jenny and any roommates within earshot.

Hey, at least I'm entertaining when I'm spastic, right? This happened twice tonight--and it's significantly more startling when you're holding the phone than when it just vibrates in your pocket. Which, of course, I was doing when it rang. Bother.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

It's equally funny when the person on the other end hears your laughter over the phone .. .and she knows exactly what happened! =)