Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Two Years

*Dedicated to my one and only*

Two Years

I look back in time

and I laugh

I laugh and giggle and shake my head

and roll my eyes

and laugh some more


did it really take

THAT long?


two years

two YEARS

months of denial

and waiting and wanting and crying and praying

and hoping and dreaming and overthinking and second-guessing

from a frisbee in October

to a bus in March

to a basement and a barbeque and a hot tub in May

to a duck pond in January

and again in February

and March

and then April

which led to a kiss on the couch

and a car in the rain

and a little tiny park

hidden on a hill


full of giggles and mosquitos and handy park benches and hard questions and patience

and then another park

(which I lost)

and another couch

(which was new)

and a few words

and a lot of tears


because my joy was too full

and leaked


and these in turn

(two years and a little past that frisbee game)

led to another couch

the best couch

on a perfect afternoon

and another question

which was not hard at all


and a night full of fireworks

and plans and dreams and joy

and a kiss

to bring in another year


two years?

let's make it three

or four

or a hundred

or forever


and count the Octobers

and the Marches

and the couches and the duck ponds and the parks and the buses


and all the other things to look back on

and laugh about later


like our first two years



7 comments:

Rachel Taylor said...

I just about died of happiness when I read this.

Brooke @ Silver Lining said...

Love this. Love you.

Saus said...

:D

Oh Jenny. This has been such a long time coming. I'm so happy for you and can't wait to hear more!

Elisabeth said...

Welp. That was beautiful.

Unknown said...

love this

Mindy H. said...

So sweet! Welcome to the family!

Monica Painter said...

I just about died as well. Oddly enough, my comment was going to be word for word what Rachel already said, so that was weird, but seriously.

But seriously. BUT SERIOUSLY.
Love. Love love love.

Andddddd trombones. Gotta love 'em.