- Today is Easter. The weather is gorgeous, church was wonderful, and this beautiful holiday has been a much needed oasis from the busy-ness of my life.
- I walked home from church bare-foot and didn't step on any of the drowned worms littering the sidewalk.
- I'm wearing pearls.
- Tonight I'm going to try baking a strawberry tart.
- Yesterday I went to a Nauvoo party and we celebrated Passover. We had a seder service that was quite lovely and very interesting. Ironically, the main course of the dinner was ham. Can you get any less kosher than that?
- If I am alive by this time tomorrow night, I can make it to the end of the semester.
- The trees are finally blooming and campus is full of pink and white flowers. This is much preferable to snow.
- I get to go home in two weeks and see my family. I cannot wait. At all.
- I have amazing roommates. Yesterday they hid Reeses eggs all over my room (and when I say all over I mean ALL over). I keep finding them in random spots and it makes me smile.
- I have the most wonderful families--my biological family and my Nauvoo family. I love them both dearly, and I hope that both families can be together in the eternities since they aren't together nearly enough now. It's hard for everyone to grow up and move on because I don't get to see the people I love the most as often as I would like. But I tell you what, there will be one rockin' reunion in the next life.
- I was so blessed this last week. I had a ton of stuff to do and was kind of getting braindead from the amount of homework that was required, but so many little things that could have made my life rather difficult just fell right into place. The Lord watches out for us, He truly does.
- I got to teach Relief Society today. Best calling ever. In doing so, I got to bear my testimony of the reality of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and His gospel. I am so grateful for both the knowledge and the opportunity to share it.
Sunday, April 12, 2009
Happy Sunday Thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I loved your comment about families; I really don't think heaven would be quite complete without some sort of combination with our biological and Nauvoo families-the people that mean the most to us.
p.s. I liked the ham comment second best. =)
Post a Comment