I’m ridiculously excited for summer. I can’t wait to have a break from school, have time to be really involved in my ward, have time in general to do things like exercise and catch up on all my projects--all the things that get pushed aside in the press of school. I’m SOOOOOO happy that I get to go see my family in a week and a half. Summer can’t come soon enough (especially the weather! Dang snow), and as far as I care right now, it can stay for a long, long time.
But.
Summer means change. Summer means adventure, but adventure is never the easy thing the fairy tales say it is. Summer means that a lot of my friends will be places other than Provo, and I won’t get to see them for four long months. Summer means no band. Summer beginning means the semester ending, and that means goodbyes. I hate goodbyes. I really do. Someday, I will live in a world with no more goodbyes. I miss my friends when they’re gone. Life is bittersweet in many ways. But in this case, I’m kind of glad. It means that I have friends, a life, and a part of this world here in Provo. So even though I want summer to be here NOW (or yesterday, preferably), I also look forward to the day when it ends--when I can pick up the threads of my life that will lie dormant until that time.
No comments:
Post a Comment