Monday, April 28, 2008

"I use antlers in all of my DE--corating…"


Ok, I said I wasn't going to post any more before I left for Nauvoo. However, I have a little bit of time on my hands and this made me laugh. As I was looking up baggage restrictions online to find out what I could do with my horn on the flight to Nauvoo, I found this list of things that you can have checked as baggage:
  • Archery equipment
  • Bicycles
  • Boogie boards
  • Fishing equipment
  • kayaks and canoes (can you imagine taking that into the airport?)
  • musical instruments
  • paintball equipment
  • parachuting equipment
  • surfboards
  • vaulting poles
  • windsurfing equipment (again, imagine walking into the airport with a windsurfing board and sail and mast…)
  • crematory containers (because we like taking dead relatives with us when we travel)
  • and my personal favorite, antlers
People really take racks of antlers on commercial airlines? Can't you just picture someone walking into the airport with, say, a couple pairs of antlers, their parachute (although you'd think they'd want that on the plane with them), and their canoe?

No comments: